C&H Sugar “Cookie Contest”
Presented by C&H Sugar
Located at the Zion Kitchen in the Zion (Home Arts) Building
Date: Thursday, September 13, 2018
Entries Accepted: 7:00 pm
Entries Judged: 7:30 pm
1st Place: $100
2nd Place: $50
3rd Place: $25
- Open to adult/child teams. Children must be 5-13 years of age by September 1, 2018. Contestants 14 and over are considered “adult” for this contest. All baking must be done as a team.
- Cookies must be made with C&H Sugar. Attach a C&H Sugar product label/proof of purchase. Recipe may be disqualified if not used.
- Bake one dozen of your most delicious cookies (any kind) using C&H Sugar and present at the Fair on a plate.
- One recipe per team. Recipes must be original and unpublished.
- Submit two (2) copies of your recipe, printed or typed on 8 1/2" x 11" white paper; one with recipe only and one with your recipe, names, child's age, address and phone numbers.
- Recipes become the property of C& H Sugar Company and the Utah State Fair, who reserve the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, or advertise the recipes, photos, and the names of the contestants without compensation.
- Employees of C & H Sugar Company, the Utah State Fair, their affiliates, subsidiaries and families of each are not eligible to enter.
- Only one winning team per household or address. The 2017 First place winning team is not eligible to compete in the 2018 competition.
- Taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
- Judging will be based on the Taste Appeal 40%, Appearance 30% and Originality 30%. Judges decisions are final.