2017 4-H & FFA Beef Cattle
|Sept 14||8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.||Weigh In|
|3:00 p.m.||Market Steer Showmanship|
|Judge: Joel Judge, Leonard, TX|
|Sept 15||9:00 a.m.||Market Steer Judging|
|Judge: Joel Judge, Leonard, TX|
Utah State Fair Pays:
|Blue Ribbon Animals|
|1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th||8th & below|
|Red Ribbon Animals||White Ribbon Animals|
Blue - All choice grade.
Red - Select grades only.
White - Standard grades and below.
CLASS MS - MARKET STEERS
1. Exhibitor may enter and show a total of two market steers, but may only sell one.
2. Exhibitor must show and sell their own animal(s).
3. Exhibitor must have owned animal 100 days prior to Sept 14.
4. Minimum weight for market steers = 1,000 lbs.
5. Any unmanageable animal will be sifted by the show committee and not allowed to show.
6. Steers will be grouped into uniform lots by weight.
7. Steers may not be on the show grounds or housed in the show barn prior to the listed arrival date or they will be disqualified. Steers may be tied in tie-outs located in Lot A, space permitting.
8. The official tag listed on the entry form should be the only tag in the steer's ear at time of weigh in.
JR LIVESTOCK AUCTION: Only blue ribbon steers will be eligible for the sale. Exhibitors must submit a properly completed Declaration Form to the Livestock Office by 6:00 p.m. on Friday, September 15, declaring their intent for each animal they showed. Champion & Reserve Champion must sell. Each exhibitor will be limited to one sale animal total. Animals not eligible for the sale will be the responsibility of the exhibitor.
CLASS * - BREEDING BEEF CATTLE
*Breed class must be listed on the entry blank: AN-Angus, GE-Gelbvieh, HE-Horned & Polled Hereford, OB-Other Recognized Breeds, SI-Simmental
Jr Breeding Cattle will be received and judged same days as open class schedule. Jr Angus exhibitors should refer to open class information regarding American Angus Association premium participation.
|Sept 8||10:00 a.m.||Jr Simmental|
|11:30 p.m.||1st Rotation Showmanship|
|Sept 12||10:00 a.m.||Jr Mini Herefords|
|2:00 p.m.||2nd Rotation Showmanship|
|2:30 p.m.||Jr Angus|
|Sept 17||Noon||Jr OB (Showmanship followed by Breeding Lots)|
1. Heifers, under 12 months
2. Heifers, 1 year and over
3. Cow, any age, with calf under 12 months
4. Champion Female - Rosette
5. Reserve Champion Female - Rosette
6. Bulls, under 12 months
7. Bulls, 1 year or over
8. Champion Bull - Rosette
9. Reserve Champion Bull - Rosette
*Please enter Showmanship by the deadline to participate in that competition. One showmanship class per rotation. All breeds show together. Exhibitors will be judged on compliance to dress code as well as ability to show the animal. Exhibitors must have an animal entered in the Junior Beef Department to be eligible to participate in showmanship.
1. All FFA
2. 4-H - Grades 9, 10, 11 &12
3. 4-H - Grades 6, 7, & 8
4. 4-H - Grades 3, 4 & 5
5. Utah Angus Association members only - age 19, 20 & 21 (as of January 1 of current year)
Click here to enter online
Click here for a printable Breeding Animal Entry Form
Click here for a printable Market Animal Entry Form
1. Best FFA Chapter exhibit of beef cattle, to be determined on a money point basis - Trophy.
2. One Barn Prize of $30 will be awarded.