|Sept 8||4:00 p.m.||Breeding Sheep - Registered Wool Breeds|
|5:00 p.m.||Breeding Sheep - Registered Meat Breeds|
|6:00 p.m.||Breeding Sheep - Commercial Meat Breeds|
|Judge - TBD|
|Sept 13||8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.||Market Lamb Weigh In|
|Judge - TBD|
|Sept 14||1:00 p.m.||Market Lamb Judging|
|Judge - TBD|
NOTE - Exhibitors will be allowed to show ONE market lamb.
Utah State Fair Pays
|Blue Ribbon Animals|
|1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th & below|
|Red Ribbon Animals||White Ribbon Animals|
CLASS ML - MARKET LAMBS
1. Lambs will be shown slick shorn. Lambs must be show ready at check-in. They must have been completely shorn within two weeks of the show and prior to check-in, with no more than 1/4" wool.
2. Lambs must have lambs teeth.
3. Exhibitor must have owned animal 60 days prior to Sept 13.
4. Exhibitors must show and sell their own animal(s).
5. Minimum weight for market lambs - 110 lbs
6. Lambs will be divided into uniform lots by weight.
7. Any lamb identified by the show vet as showing signs of club lamb fungus must be removed from the Fairpark immediately. The show vet's decision will be final!
8. The official tag listed on the entry form and a scrapie tag, if required, must be the only tags in the lamb's ear at the time of check-in. All other tags must be removed prior to check-in.
9. Lambs must be uncovered at weigh-in.
10. No drenching of any type will be allowed.
JR LIVESTOCK AUCTION: Only blue ribbon market lambs will be eligible for the sale. Exhibitors must submit a properly completed Declaration Form to the Livestock Office by 8:00 p.m. on Friday, September 14, declaring their intent for each animal they showed. Champion and Reserve Champion must sell. Each exhibitor will be limited to selling one animal only in the sale. Animals not eligible for the sale will be the responsibility of the exhibitor.
CLASS RM - Registered Meat - animals must be registered with their respective breed association.
CLASS RW - Registered Wool - animals must be registered with their respective breed association.
CLASS CM - Commercial Meat - animals may not be shown in any other class (i.e. Market Show).
All registered breeds will show together in their respective class. If there are 16 head or more of the same breed in the registered classes, provided by 2 or more exhibitors not from the same farm or family, a specific breed show will be held.
1. Ram 1 year old & under 2
2. Pen of 2 Yearling Rams
3. Fall Ram Lambs - born before Dec 14, 2017
4. Winter Ram Lambs - born Dec 15, 2017 to Feb 14, 2018
5. Spring Ram Lambs - born Feb 15, 2018 & after
6. Pen of 2 Ram Lambs
7. Best Pair - 1 Yearling Ram & 1 Lamb Ram (only one entry per exhibitor)
8. CHAMPION RAM
9. RESERVE CHAMPION RAM
10. Ewe 1 year old & under 2
11. Pen of 2 Yearling Ewes
12. Flock - owned by exhibtor (to consist of 1 Yearling Ram and 2 Yearling Ewes) - only one entry per exhibitor.*
13. Fall Ewe Lambs - born before Dec 14, 2017
14. Winter Ewe Lambs - born Dec 15, 2017 to Feb 14, 2018
15. Spring Ewe Lambs - born Feb 15, 2018 & after
16. Pen of 2 Ewe Lambs
17. Young Flock - owned by exhibitor (to consist of 1 Ram Lamb and 2 Ewe Lambs) - only one entry per exhibitor.*
18. Best Pair - 1 Yearling Ewe & 1 Ewe Lamb (only one entry per exhibitor)*
19. Best 4 Head - 4 animals either sex - (only one entry per exhibitor)*
20. CHAMPION EWE
21. RESERVE CHAMPION EWE
*All animals shown in a group class must be entered in an individual age class.
CLASS SH - SHOWMANSHIP
*Please enter Showmanship on your entry form. Animals to be shown by owner. All breeds show together. Only one entry per exhibitor. Exhibitor will be judged on compliance with dress code as well as ability to show the animal.
1. All FFA
2. 4-H - Grades 9, 10, 11 & 12
3. 4-H - Grades 6, 7 & 8
4. 4-H - Grades 3, 4 & 5
1. FFA Best Chapter Exhibit of Sheep - to be determined on a money point basis (on A & B Individuals) -Trophy
2. One Barn Prize of $30 will be awarded.
Click here to Enter Online
Click here for a printable Breeding Animal Entry Form
Click here for a printable Market Animal Entry Form