2017 4-H & FFA SWINE
|Sept 14||8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.||Weigh In|
|6:30 p.m.||Market Hogs|
|Judge - Scott Nash, Pocatello, ID|
Each exhibitor is responsible for his or her animal until released to the packer unless prior arrangements are made with the supervisor to care for animals.
Utah State Fair Pays
|Blue Ribbon Animals|
|1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th & below|
|Red Ribbon Animals||White Ribbon Animals|
CLASS MH MARKET HOGS
1. Exhibitor will be allowed to enter one hog - barrows and gilts will show together. (Youth are encouraged to enter additional animals in the open show, but they may not be the same animals entered in the junior show.)
2. Lots to be divided by weight of hogs and not by the exhibitor's affiliation in 4-H or FFA.
3. Exhibitor must have owned animal 60 days prior to Sept 14.
4. Exhibitors must show and sell their own animal(s).
5. Minimum weight for market hogs - 240 lbs.
6. Hogs must be penned upon arrival and a member of the show committee will notify the exhibitor when it is their turn to weigh in.
7. Waterers in the hog pens may not be covered or tampered with.
8. The Danish system of judging will be used: Grades: Blue - US No 1, Red - US No 2, White - US No 3.
9. Grand and Reserve Champion Hog will be selected. A Trophy and Rosette will be awarded to the Champions.
10. Hogs must be washed and trimmed before arriving at the Fair.
JR LIVESTOCK AUCTION: Only blue ribbon hogs will be eligible for the sale. Exhibitors will be limited to one animal total in the sale. Exhibitors must submit a properly completed Declaration Form to the Livestock Office by 6:00 p.m. on Friday, September 15, declaring their intent for each animal they showed.
CLASS SH - SHOWMANSHIP
*Please mark on your entry form, or enter online, if you plan to participate.
1. All FFA
2. 4-H - Grades 9, 10, 11 & 12
3. 4-H - Grades 6, 7 & 8
4. 4-H - Grades 3, 4 & 5
1. Best FFA Chapter Exhibit of Swine to be determined on a money point basis - Trophy
Click here to Enter Online
Click here for a printable Market Animal Entry Form
Become a Sponsor
History of the Fair
Utah State Fair Store