School groups can visit the 2018 Utah State Fair for a discounted school group rate from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM on the following dates:
- Thursday, Sept. 6
- Friday, Sept. 7
- Monday, Sept. 10
- Tuesday, Sept. 11
- Wednesday, Sept. 12
- Thursday, Sept. 13
- Friday, Sept. 14
School group admission rates are not offered on any other day than those listed above.
- Gates open for school groups at 9:00 AM.
- All school field trip groups must check in between 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM to be eligible for field trip group admission. All field trip groups must be at the gates and paid before 1:00 PM.
- Once on the grounds, groups can stay as long as they would like. Please note that all vendors, shopping, and the carnival will be closed until the regular Fair hours.
Admission for School Groups
- Students and chaperones pay only $1.00 each (chaperones must pay with the group to qualify for the $1.00 rate). Admission will be waived for students unable to pay the $1.00 admission charge.
- We allow a ratio of one (1) teacher/chaperone to three (3) or more students. Additional teachers/chaperones must pay regular gate admission.
- School groups must pay with cash, one school check, money order or credit card in one transaction (no personal checks will be accepted). No pre-payments will be accepted.
- Please select one group representative to pay for all admission. Be prepared to provide the school name, address, phone number, number of students and number of chaperones paying the $1.00 admission fee, and number of student admissions being waived.
- School groups should enter through Gate Y (off 200 North and 1000 West).
- Parking is free to buses, marked school vehicles, and any chaperone vehicles immediately following the buses.
- Buses need to park in Lot D (enter off 300 North or 1000 West).
- Any groups not entering with the busses or marked school vehicles must pay to park at $10.00 per vehicle. Free neighborhood parking is available.
Admission for Home School Groups
Homeschool groups are welcome to attend the Fair at the $1.00 rate for students and chaperones. Please note that to be eligible for the school group rate your group must have a ratio of one (1) teacher or chaperone to three (3) students or more.
Schools are welcome to bring their own lunches onto the grounds. Lunch storage is available in the Administration Building. No refrigeration is available.
If a lunch area is needed, picnic tables are located on the Center Mall and throughout the Fairpark. Grass areas may also be utilized as lunch areas.
For more questions about school group visits, please contact Nicki Claeys at email@example.com