Date: Thursday, September 5, 2019
Location: HARMON'S Kitchen in the Zion Building
Entries Accepted: 7:00 pm
Entries Judged: 7:30 pm
- 1st Place: $75 gift certificate to the Baker's Catalogue (kingarthurflour.com) and a Harmons Cooking Class for two
- 2nd Place: $50 gift certificate to the Baker's Catalogue (kingarthurflour.com) and a $25 Harmons Gift Card
- 3rd Place: King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion Cookbook and a $25 Harmons Gift Card
King Arthur Flour and the Utah State Fair are looking for your family’s best cupcake recipe! Do you have a cupcake recipe that your great-grandmother passed down? Do you have a great story about making this recipe? Bake it using King Arthur Flour, bring it to the Fair and you could be the blue ribbon winner!
- Open to adult or youth competitors. No team entries, this contest is for individual competition.
- Cupcakes must use King Arthur Flour and be made from scratch. No cake mixes or prepared frostings. Use ingredients that are readily available in grocery stores.
- Bake and present three (3) baked cupcakes at the Fair on a plate. Contestants may submit more than one type of cupcake, but only one entry per participant can win.
- Recipes must be original and unpublished. Directions for preparing the recipe must be clear; measurements should be in level cups, tablespoons, teaspoons or fractions thereof; also include pan size, cooking temperature, number of servings and any other pertinent information.
- Entrants must bring the opened bag of King Arthur Flour or submit a UPC label from the flour bag when bringing the prepared entry to the Fair.
- Submit two (2) copies of your recipe, printed or typed on 8 1/2" x 11" white paper; one with recipe only and one with your recipe, name, address, email address (if available) and phone numbers.
- Recipes become the property of King Arthur Flour and the Utah State Fair, who reserve the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, or advertise the recipes, photos, and the names of the contestants without compensation.
- Employees of King Arthur Flour, the Utah State Fair, their affiliates, subsidiaries and families of each are not eligible to enter.
- Only one winning team per household or address. The 2018 First place winning team is not eligible to compete in the 2019 competition.
- Taxes are the responsibility of the winner.
- The contest coordinator and/or contest sponsor reserves the right to make any changes or decisions prior to or during the contest as deemed necessary.
- Judging will be based on the Taste Appeal 50%, Appearance 25% and Originality 25%. Judges decisions are final.
- King Arthur Flour is widely available in local grocery stores. For product information, recipe ideas, and store locations visit: www.kingarthurflour.com